Surface Marker Buoy (SMB)
Closed SMB by Tecline.
Compact and easy to deploy, this closed Surface Marker Buoy (SMB) (or 'signal tube' or 'closed / sealed safety sausage') has a host of features and is available in two colours.
- Colour: orange (safety) or yellow (emergency signal) (* see note below).
- Inflator valve for both oral and BC hose inflation.
- Over pressure relief valve to avoid over-pressure when deployed from depth and to adjust buoyancy if used as an emergency buoyancy device.
- Reflective strips for high visibility at night.
- glow-stick / message holder.
- retaining band to keep the SMB rolled up until needed.
- bolt snap to easily connect to a loop on a spool line or clip to you BCD when on the surface.
Size: 117cm (46") long by 11cm (4.3") diameter. The SMB produces approximately 10kg of lift.
* Note: The use of orange and yellow SMBs as different signals is a convention followed in some areas and not others. If intending to use coloured SMBs for different signals, their use should be clarified with your dive and support team before diving. If diving in a new location, you shoud also check to see if the use of yellow SMBs is understood to mean 'emergency' in that area.